CommScope Customer Service Agent: "How can I help you today?"
Customer: “I can’t find what I’m looking for online. I gave up and am calling you instead…”
At CommScope, nothing is more important than ensuring our customers have key product information at their fingertips, 24 hours a day to prevent calls like this. That’s why the continuous improvement of our digital experience—whether it’s our website or our self-service tools—is our driving focus.
“The ongoing charge to optimize our online experience never ends because our customer expectations continue to evolve,” said Danny Danford, VP of the IT Sales, Marketing and Customer Experience Team. “We receive a constant stream of feedback, and these critical inputs—combined with data-driven insights—help fuel new and better online experiences. Our focus is rarely about what is working well, but rather, what needs to work better.”
Example of an internal virtual whiteboarding session
It starts with commscope.com, our largest channel. The size of our company and the sheer scope of our massive product catalog makes it imperative that we keep finding ways to make it easier for customers to find the right solutions—in whatever way they want to find it. We experiment and implement—and when we fail, we like to make sure we make corrections quickly. A few recent examples include:
- Onsite search on commscope.com consistently received negative feedback from our customers, so we changed it up—re-platforming to a new search tool, one that learns from user searches to provide better results
- Creation of virtualized configuration solutions
- Launch of “Where to Buy” technology, which enables customers to view distributor stock and available pricing for key products
- Ongoing enhancements to our product catalog user experience
- In response to customer demand and business strategy, a new website has been launched to meet the specific needs of RUCKUS customers
For MyCommScope, our logged-in, self-service experience, our biggest customers are very vocal in their direct feedback on the new features they want, as well as suggestions for how to optimize our current tools to help them get things done. A recent improvement in response to those requests was the launch of our “Available Stock” feature in both MyCommScope and our popular My Product Lists tool. And we continue to unify back-end systems to provide more front-end information, in one place, for our customers.
- We’ve recently updated our support user experience to make it easier to connect with the right support team—We’re monitoring the performance of these pages and will continue refining them to improve the experience.
- The team is performing a user experience refresh for the site, to help us engage with customers the way they prefer—now, and as those engagements evolve over time.
- The popular “My Product Lists” tool is undergoing changes to improve its functionality and user experience.
- New thought leadership content will be added to our Insights section.
“Ultimately, it’s our goal to make CommScope easier to do business with and give our customers the info they need—when, where and how they need it,” said Danford.
What do you think? We want to hear from you. Reach out to us on our Chat Now tab on commscope.com—and rest assured that we are listening, responding and focused on getting you the help you need.