Setting the standards for fiber communications
As a world leader and innovator in fiber optics，CommScope continues to be at the forefront in developing and producing high-performance fiber connectivity for the most demanding networks. Our fiber-optic systems typically meet and exceed the highest standards because they also set the standards for the industry. One of the key components is the optical fiber itself.
Take our singlemode solutions: Our TeraSPEED® and LightScope® zero water peak singlemode optical fiber cables allow users to operate over the entire wavelength range-from 1280 nm to 1625 nm-providing more than 30 percent more usable wavelength over conventional singlemode fiber. We have since enhanced these solutions to comply with G.657.A1 standards for improved bend performance.
Our extensive legacy in optical fiber technology led us to become the first to produce a laser-optimized multimode fiber-optic solution. After setting the standards for OM3 and OM4 cabling，our LazrSPEED® OM5 wideband multimode fiber (WBMMF) became the industry's first OM5 structured cabling system.
- TeraSPEED zero water peak singlemode (ZWP-SM) fiber complies with and exceeds ITU-T G.652.D standards for reduced waterpeak singlemode fibers，as well as ITU-T G.657.A1 standards for improved bend performance.
- LightScope ZWP delivers full-spectrum fiber that can be used for return path，enhanced video services or dedicated wavelength services for business. It’s also fully backward compatible with existing singlemode legacy fiber-optic plants and complies with G.652.D and G.657.A1 standards.
- LazrSPEED 300 exceeds OM3 industry standards and continues to be widely deployed in data centers and enterprise building backbones.
- LazrSPEED 550 became the industry’s first OM4 fiber and continues to be widely deployed in data centers and enterprise building backbones.
- LazrSPEED OM5 wideband became the industry’s first OM5 structured cabling system that enables 40G and 100G SWDM applications to extended distances. Officially standardized in 2016，it has become an ideal solution for data centers and enterprise buildings that require high bandwidth while maintaining duplex transmission.